Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. In Port Harcourt, Rivers State MSF works out of two clinics providing free medical and psychological care for victims of sexual abuse.
MSF is presently seeking applicants for the position of: NURSE COUNSELLOR.
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers state, Nigeria.
Under the supervision of the Nurse Supervisor, the nurse will:
- Provide confidential and quality care, including counseling, treatment and follow-up to victims of sexual violence.
- Administrate treatment according to MSF protocols and Doctor’s prescription.
- Actively promote the availability of counseling services and carry out counseling, basic psycho-educational sessions, to victims and their families or care takers in order to improve their psychosocial condition.
- Work in collaboration with the psychologist: identify patient at risk and refers patient to the psychologist if needed.
- Works in collaboration with social worker to ensure that social and protection needs are attended to. He/she is able to recognize a child at social risk.
- Ensure confidentiality and victim’s protection according to the legal frame defined by MSF legal department.
Education: Recognized nurse diploma/degree essential
2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGOs desirable
Previous experience in Sexual Violence desirable
Languages: Pidgin and English required; additional local languages desirable.
Commitment to MSF Principles & behavioural Flexibility
Work Location: Orogbum and Eliozu Clinics (Port Harcourt, River State, Nigeria).
Work commitment: 208 hours per month. Availability for shifts up to 12 hours, night/day
Remuneration and Work Conditions
Monthly Gross salary: N189,000 (One hundred and eighty nine thousand Naira only).
Method of Application:
If you are presently in Port Harcourt, submit your cover letter, CV and copies of qualifications with contact details to the MSF Admin’ Office in Port Harcourt (“Application Box” outside the front gate – 40 Onne Road, Plot 33 – GRA Phase II With Reference “NURSE COUNSELLOR”).
Applications can also be submitted by email [email protected]
Deadline for the application: 24th January 2019.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
Closing Date: 24th of January, 2019.
Please make sure to submit your application by this date.